Quantum Corp., a global specialist in backup, recovery and archiving solutions, announced DXi 2.0, the next generation software platform for its DXi-Series disk backup and deduplication solutions. DXi-Series models running DXi 2.0 software, beginning with the latest generation SMB and midrange systems, will deliver the highest deduplication speeds available for any open protocol inline appliance in their respective classes, doubling the performance over earlier generation DXi products with no change in price. As a result, users will be able to protect more data on smaller systems, further solidifying the price-performance leadership of the DXi-Series.
- DXi-Series products utilizing the new 2.0 software will see performance increased by up to 2X or more for open protocols, including both Symantec OpenStorage (OST) and conventional NAS interfaces.
- Offered at the same price as the DXi products with version 1.x software, the new DXi appliances running DXi 2.0 software will be clear price-performance leaders in their segments, with as much as a 5X advantage over the nearest competitive offerings.
- DXi 2.0 software creates a new inline data flow that is optimized for Quantum’s latest generation of purpose-built DXi deduplication appliances, simplifying the data path and improving performance.
- By providing high-performance deduplication across open protocols, the DXi appliances make their shorter backup and restore windows available to any IT department using any of the leading backup software applications.
- A DXi4500 running DXi 2.0 software will deduplicate at up to 1.4 TB/hour for NAS and 1.7 TB/hour for OST — faster than any other entry-level open protocol appliance.
- A DXi6500 running DXi 2.0 software will deduplicate at up to 4.3 TB/hour for NAS and 4.6 TB/hour for OST — faster than any other midrange open protocol appliance.
- Quantum’s high-performance DXi6700 VTL and multi-protocol, enterprise-class DXi8500 appliances will see significant performance gains when they begin shipping with DXi 2.0 software.
- Quick to Deploy and Easy to Manage
The new DXi 2.0 software provides enhanced management features that significantly streamline deployment, monitoring and administration of the entire data protection process, saving IT managers time, even in complex multi-site backup and disaster recovery environments.
DXi 2.0 employs a full set of installation wizards and optimized management screens for fast set-up and ongoing administration, reducing the total number of screens for common operations by 50 percent to 65 percent and enabling administrators to get more done in less time.
The new software leverages the multi-tier, purpose-built appliance design of the newest DXi models, and it continues to support the DXi direct path-to-tape functionality that integrates high-speed disk backup with low-cost retention under a single point of control.