ProMAX Announces ShareMAX 2.0
ProMAX announced the release of ShareMAX 2.0, a new shared storage solution that is fast, easy to install and easy to upgrade. This multitasking wizard is a RAID protected NAS and SAN server together in one box.
Ideal Applications for ShareMAX 2.0:
- Share the same footage across a team of editors
- Need to easily add High Capacity Shared Storage to a network of multiple workstations
- Need very fast streaming speeds to Shared Storage over Ethernet
- Don’t want the overhead of a separate network file server or switch
- Want the option of upgrading to fibre without losing your investment
- Need some stations to be on fibre and other stations on Ethernet (mixed environment)
- Because of the way we designed this network appliance, users can grow storage capacity and the way storage is accessed without replacing the core device.
All editors have immediate access to assets without duplication.
- Saves storage cost
- Speeds up workflow by centralizing files for an entire team
- Gets the job done faster so users can move onto the next project
- Improves collaboration among a team for better creativity
- Improves quality to clients by working together
ShareMAX 2.0 will grow as user needs grow:
- Start at the entry level and upgrade as needs change
- Built with Enterprise class drives for the ultimate reliability and warranty
- NAS throughput tested at a sustained 100MB/Second – fast enough to handle direct edits of SD, HD and some uncompressed CODECS without copying from a local drive
- Designed as a network appliance, this device runs its own operating system and monitors the health of any storage system. Users have access to all information thru a secured web browser.
- This unit does not need an Xserve or tower to connect to the storage. Since it is a standalone unit with a CPU and controllers, it has been designed as a network appliance.
Click for more information about ShareMax 2.0.