Popwire releases Compression Master 4
Popwire’s Compression Master 4 features a completely new user interface and a support for a host of new formats as well as being a Universal Binary that supports both PPC and Intel Macs.
New features include:
- Input and output support for MXF, GFX (Graphics Exchange) and input only support for IMX;
- Transport stream support for output for MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4 and H.264 video codecs and AAC, MPEG Audio and PCM audio codecs;
- Multipass support for H.264 along with support for High Profile and more encoding options;
- New preview player for most supported input and output formats;
- Support for Flash 8 (On2 VP6) output with optional Popwire Flash 8 plug-in;
- Support for surround audio with optional plug-in;
- Support for floating point audio for high quality encoding;
- Photo JPEG, MPEG-1 Elementary streams and AES have been added as outputs; and
- Support for floating point audio for high quality encoding.
Compression Master 4 is a free download for owners of Compression Master 3. New purchases are US$445.50 (there is a 10% NAB discount if you act quickly enough).