Las Vegas, NV (Vocus/PRWEB) April 15, 2011
Larry Jordan, executive producer and host of the Digital Production BuZZ, a popular international online radio show and podcast, announced today the guest line up for the first of the expected seven NAB Show BuZZ special shows of breaking news and interviews from its studio at SL#12114 on the trade show floor at the NAB Show 2011 in Las Vegas, April 9 to 14.
“The Digital Production Buzz is focused on digital production and post,” said Jordan. “When you combine our knowledge of the industry with the concentration of industry leaders at NAB, our location live on the show floor allows us to create shows filled with the news you need to plan your purchases and get ahead of new trends in the industry.”
“I am very impressed with how our guests represent leading companies in our industry,” continued Jordan. “They help us understand how all this new technology can simplify our projects, improve our ability to meet deadlines, and create amazing new ways to tell stories visually.”
The NAB Show BuZZ is powered by the Digital Production BuZZ, a long-running podcast specializing in tech news about digital production, post-production and distribution. The Digital Production BuZZ is now heard in more than 130 countries around the world each week. It has been podcasting regularly every Thursday evening from 6 to 7 pm Pacific Time for the last six years.
Cirina Catania, the show’s supervising producer said, “Covering the news accurately and timely is a combination of industry knowledge and the accumulation of years of relationships built by a mutual synergy. I appreciate so much the cooperation we get from executives, industry spokespersons and all of their support staff. It is through everyone’s combined efforts that the Digital Production BuZZ has been able to continue reporting ‘all the news now and in your digital future!’ for so many years.”
This first show features:
- Scott Morris, Senior Director of Marketing, Adobe.
- Lin Kayser, CEO, IRIDAS.
- David Taylor, President, Cineform.
- Jeff Stansfield, Owner, Advantage Video Systems.
- Robert Sharp, President , Digieffects.
- Mas Omae, Sales Manager, Accusys.
- Doug Pircher, General Manager, International Supplies.
- Paul Holtz, President, Class on Demand.
The first show aired on Monday, April 11, 2011 on the NAB Show BuZZ website, where the show as well as individual interviews can still be accessed. The shows can also be downloaded from iTunes (just search for the Digital Production BuZZ)
Upcoming shows to feature interviews with:
- Stuart Ashton of Blackmagic Design shares many new announcements at NAB 2011, including DaVinci Resolve 8.0, & Resolve Lite, the Hyperdeck Shuttle, and the new ATEM Production Switchers.
- Moving to audio, Ben Clasper of Counterpoint Systems discusses Media Maestro – the 360° broadcasting rights and finance solution – their newest addition to their copyright, licensing and royalty tracking software.
- Bruce Master of IBM discusses the migration of the industry to tape based digital backup via LTO5.
- Miguel Saldate, JMR Technical Specialist, discusses Fibrestream, a new high performance Fibre SAN solution.
- Michel Prouix of Miranda discusses the new Playout Glass Cockpit, which incorporates the iTX IT-based automated playout with Kaleido multi-viewers, as well as the iControl Playout Manager facility monitoring.
- Phil Story from Xendata discusses the powerful LT05 backup solutions, including the new XOA-20.
- Donn Gurule discusses Lightbeam Systems’ state-of-the-art, specialized hardware solutions for professionals in the media and entertainment, engineering, financial, academic and scientific communities.
- Jim Tierney of Hold for Digital Anarchy discusses the latest software updates to Digital Anarchy’s Beauty Box skin retouching software package.
- Paola Hobson of Snell shares the new turnkey playout solution based on Morpheus and I.C.E. technology.
- Newtek’s Philip Nelson discusses the new version of 3Play, and the increased feature set of the 850 – the 850 Extreme.
- Kevin Klinger of SmartSound shares updates on the Sonicfire Pro Application and its new cloud based music customization service.
- Steven Canepa, GM of the Global Media & Entertainment Industry Division of IBM, discusses his role in the handling of P&L of the division.
- Josh Apter, founder of the Manhatten Edit Workshop, discusses his recent work at the Workshop.
- Barbara DeHart from Telestream shares the new technology at the show including updates to Episode and Agility software solutions.
- Cache-A CEO Phil Ritti stops by to discuss their LTO5 archive solutions – and the implementation of LTFS.
- Paul Babb, president of Maxon, updates us on CINEMA4D.
- And more!
The NAB Show BuZZ powered by the Digital Production BuZZ is sponsored by Pond5, the world’s stock media marketplace, AJA Video Systems, a leading manufacturer of high-quality, cost-effective digital video interface, conversion and desktop solutions, Accusys, worldwide leader in design, manufacturing, and marketing of RAID products, and Automatic Duck, the creators of timeline integration software for digital media artists.
The Digital Production BuZZ at NAB 2011.
This year at NAB 2011, the BuZZ will create a series of one-hour Special Reports and dozens of one-on-one interviews, bringing in-depth coverage of industry leaders featuring the latest technology on display at the NAB Show 2011. The Digital Production BuZZ, hosted by Larry Jordan, will post a new show of NAB highlights every evening (Las Vegas time), starting Monday, April 11th; with interviews posted directly to the NABShowBuzz website throughout the day.
About the 2011 NAB Show
The NAB Show, held annually in Las Vegas, is the world’s largest electronic media show covering filmed entertainment and the development, management and delivery of content across all mediums. With nearly 90,000 attendees from 151 countries and more than 1,500 exhibitors, the NAB Show is the ultimate marketplace for digital media and entertainment. From creation to consumption, across multiple platforms and countless nationalities, the NAB Show is home to the solutions that transcend traditional broadcasting and embrace content delivery to new screens in new ways. Complete details are available here.
The National Association of Broadcasters is the premier advocacy association for America’s broadcasters. NAB advances radio and television interests in legislative, regulatory and public affairs. Through advocacy, education and innovation, NAB enables broadcasters to best serve their communities, strengthen their businesses and seize new opportunities in the digital age. Learn more here.
About the Digital Production BuZZ
Digital Production BuZZ is one of the longest-running podcasts about technology bringing listeners all the news they need now and in their digital future. It remains a leader in programming related to digital video production, post-production and distribution, keeping its listeners in touch with the trends and technologies, people and practices essential to keep them up-to-date and entertained.
New episodes of the weekly Digital Production BuZZ air live every Thursday from 6:00 to 7:00 pm PST. Listen live at the show’s website or download the program later on iTunes. The BuZZ also offers a Newsletter that gives listeners a behind the scenes view of each week’s show, available here.
Executive producer and host of the Digital Production BuZZ is Larry Jordan (internationally-renowned digital media expert, Apple-certified trainer, author, and member of the Directors Guild of America and Producers Guild of America). Michael Horton co-hosts (actor, film editor, and founder of the Los Angeles Final Cut Pro User Group and organizer of the world-renowned SuperMeets). Cirina Catania produces (writer/director/journalist and member of the Producers Guild of America and the Writers Guild of America.)
Digital Production BuZZ can be found at booth SL12114.
About Larry Jordan & Associates, Inc.
Larry Jordan & Associates, Inc. provides high-quality, engaging training and information covering video production and post-production for practicing professionals and students through a variety of media worldwide. The company was founded by Larry Jordan, an internationally-renowned digital media analyst, producer, director, consultant and Apple-Certified trainer. Jordan’s FREE Monthly Final Cut Studio Newsletter is read by Final Cut users around the world available here.
To schedule an interview on the Digital Production BuZZ
contact Cirina Catania, Supervising Producer
Marketing Director – for Sales and Advertising
Larry Jordan & Associates, Inc.