Boris XML Transfer Version 3 Introduces Support for Avid Media Composer
Boris FX, a developer of integrated effects technology for video and film, announced Boris XML Transfer Version 3. Boris XML Transfer is an Adobe After Effects plug-in designed for seamless transfer of Avid Media Composer and Apple Final Cut Pro program sequences to Adobe After Effects. New to Version 3, the Avid to After Effects workflow allows for direct import and translation of Avid AAF format files.
Boris XML Transfer preserves all aspects of an Avid Media Composer or Apple Final Cut Pro project including edits, cuts, dissolves, and treatments. In addition, Boris XML Transfer offers the unique ability to translate Boris Continuum Complete effects used in Avid or Final Cut Pro projects to corresponding Boris Continuum Complete effects in After Effects.
Boris XML Transfer Version 3 feature highlights include:
- Clips Remain Fully Editable. All trimmed Avid Media Composer and Apple Final Cut Pro clips remain fully-editable in Adobe After Effects as stepped-up or stepped-down layers.
- Boris Continuum Complete Compatibility. Continuum Complete filter effects provide the same look and keyframe values for every parameter.
- Avid and Final Cut Pro Titles and Text Elements remain editable in After Effects.
- Integrity of Transferred Media Elements is preserved during the transfer from Avid or Final Cut Pro, including alpha channel information and masks.
- Expanded Import Options include the ability to import or ignore audio tracks and the ability to pre-compose all video and/or audio tracks during import.
- Familiar Look and Feel. Translated After Effects projects will look very familiar to Final Cut Pro or Avid editors. User marks, comments and labels for clips and sequences, and all user-defined names are carried across from Final Cut Pro or Avid to After Effects.
A Windows version of Boris XML Transfer is planned for later this year.
Click for more about Boris XML Transfer by BorisFX.