DAZ 3D Releases DAZ Studio 4 for Hobbyists and Professionals
DAZ 3D introduced DAZ Studio 4, the latest version of DAZ 3D’s character creation, art and animation tool. DAZ Studio 4 makes the creation process fun, while setting the new standard for 3D figure design tools by introducing the Genesis figure platform.
DAZ Studio 4 utilizes a new file format that is lightweight, easy to transfer and exists in an open format for easy editing. No longer satisfied with the inherent constraints of building upon a third-party platform, DAZ 3D established a new, open platform. DAZ 3D has also announced that they will support any other vendors that offer this file format within their tools.
Key DAZ Studio 4 features include:
- TriAx Weight-Map System: Artists now have unparalleled flexibility with our patent-pending weight-map per-axis joint system.
- Auto-Rigging: Artists can now take the base Genesis mesh and push or pull it into virtually anything imaginable. Both proportions and mass of the figure can be altered in a variety of ways. DAZ Studio 4 automatically adjusts the Genesis base skeletal rig to fit within the new shape.
- Auto-Fit Plug-in: This tool, available separately, allows customers to up-convert clothes and hairstyles from DAZ 3D’s prior generation of figures for use with the new Genesis series so that their past investments are protected.
- Smart Content: This new content tells DAZ Studio 4 what type of asset it is, and what other assets are compatible with it. DAZ Studio 4, in turn, can then filter out anything that’s not compatible with what the artist is working on.
- Content Management Service (CMS): This allows customers to easily find their content by keyword, category and/ or compatibility by using a standard meta-data structure.
Click for more information about DAZ 3D and DAZ Studio 4.