Enhance Technology, a designer and manufacturer of data storage systems and solutions announced the availability of 3TB SATA drives for its EnhanceRAID workgroup and departmental storage systems. The validation further enhances the performance of its mid-range storage systems and delivers high density storage space and better energy efficiency. The EnhanceRAID E400 and E800 Series are the first desktop storage systems shipping with 3TB SATA drives.
Enhance Technology continues to work closely with all major hard drive manufacturers to drive storage density level up. Enhance Technology was among the first group of technology partners to receive the new 3TB HDDs from Hitachi and Seagate when they were released. Based on both internal and the laboratory test results, the new 3TB HDDs in conjunction with EnhanceRAID storage systems yielded an impressive performance increment with over 900MB/sec sustained transfer rate on the E800MS Mini-SAS storage array.
EnhanceRAID Series 3TB compatibility features and benefits:
- High storage density in space saving design offers 24TB in 0.31 cu ft for the desktop 8-drive E800 Series and 12TB in 0.20 cu ft for desktop 4-drive E400 Series
- True backplane design lowers latency and increases reliability
- Boosts computing and data processing performance while lowering energy consumption
Multiple host interfaces available for easy data transfer and sharing between workgroups & departments:
- Mini-SAS E400MS / E800MS, iSCSI E400IP and FW/USB/eSATA E400FR
- Modular and hot swappable components facilitate easy storage maintenance
- 80 PLUS green power supply and energy efficient cooling fan reduces cost of ownership
- Ideal for security surveillance, digital media storage, data archive, and desktop publishing
The EnhanceRAID E400 and E800 Series storage systems populated with 3TB HDDs are now available immediately through its worldwide dealer network.
Click for more about Enhance Technology and EnhanceRAID Systems.