Grass Valley Introduces New Series Of ADVC G-Series Multi-Purpose Digital Video Converters
Grass Valley‘s ADVC G-Series of affordable, multi-purpose digital video converters are at the leading edge of technology, and the latest additions to the renowned ADVC family. Housed in a practical and compact 1/3 RU form factor, these four converters tackle a variety of different A/V tasks and are particularly well suited to events and staging, corporate AV centers, and broadcast display applications.
All ADVC G-Series converters include a frame synchronizer (FS) and full format support. The ADVC G1 and G2 includes scaling features, while the ADVC G3 includes multiplexing features.
- A compact and competitively priced converter, designed to convert and/or upconvert any kind of professional/broadcast signals to HD/SD-SDI with the full support of the latest 3G technology.
- Will convert and/or upconvert, at the user’s choice, sources from HDMI, DVI, component, composite, S-Video, AES/EBU, and analog audio to HD/SD-SDI (3G/1.5G support). With its audio inputs, the ADVC G1 can also be used as an audio embedder. It also features a reference in port which can serve as a frame synchronizer for the analog inputs, eliminating the need to purchase separate expensive equipment.
- Combines the latest conversion technologies in a compact 1/3 RU form factor.
- Features HDMI and HD/SD-SDI (3G/1.5G support) for the inputs and HD/SD-SDI (3G/1.5G support), component, composite, S-Video, AES/EBU, and analog audio for the outputs, the new ADVC G2 plays the role of many converters for the price of one. It also features 3G support, downconverting, and a frame synchronizer, which becomes very handy when, for example, connecting the SDI out to a switcher.
- Can be used as a monitoring device for HDMI and HD/SD-SDI sources, but it can also act as an HDMI to HD/SD-SDI (3G/1.5G support) converter.
- The AES/EBU and analog audio outputs, used for audio de-embedding, are a welcome feature in most monitoring applications.
- A full-featured HD/SD-SDI to HDMI converter with 3G technology and the latest HDMI 1.4a connection support, designed to fulfill the demands of 3D monitoring and multiplexing.
- Can be used as a standard HD/SD-SDI to HDMI converter, but also features a second SDI input which can be used for left-eye/right-eye inputs. The ADVC G3 will, in real time, multiplex the two left-eye/right-eye signals for a 3D output through HDMI.
- The analog audio and AES/EBU outputs, used for audio de-embedding, are a welcome feature in monitoring situations, for both 2D and 3D content.
- Features 3D multiplexing technology supported by HDMI1.4a (Side-by-Side, Top-and-Bottom, and Frame Packing‚Äîsequential), which can be turned on and off manually.
- More than just a compact and robust sync generator.
- Has nine outputs that can be individually controlled in groups of three.
- Three outputs can be SD, the other six can be HD, or vice versa.
- Includes a 48 kHz wordclock as well as a reference input, which allows it to be used as an extender when more than nine outputs are needed, or when an extension from the main system is necessary.
- Features the highest signal quality, best functionality, and the most comprehensive format support in the compact sync generator market.
Click for more information about the new Grass Valley ADVC G-Series.