The VideoGuys team have unveiled the Sony Vegas Pro 10 collection, which integrates two powerful applications that work seamlessly together to provide an efficient and intuitive environment for video and broadcast professionals. This comprehensive suite offers the most robust and progressive platform available for content creation and production.
With broad format support, superior effects processing, unparalleled audio support, and a full complement of editorial tools, the Vegas Pro 10 collection streamlines your workflow. From acquisition to delivery, from camera to Blu-ray Disc, the Vegas Pro 10 collection delivers exactly what you need to produce outstanding results.
To purchase a competitive upgrade you will need to upload a screenshot of the About page from your qualifying software.
Click for more information about this Limited Time SONY Vegas Pro 10 Crossgrade/Upgrade Special.
Drobo, makers of award-winning data storage products for businesses and professionals, has introduced a new Drobo for business solution, the Drobo B1200i, which features technological breakthroughs and an unprecedented combination of automation, affordability and application awareness for the small and medium business (SMB) market.
The new 12-bay Drobo provides business customers with a unique storage solution for VMware, Microsoft Exchange and other business applications – offering advanced and sophisticated capabilities for customers without large enterprise budgets or deep storage expertise. The new Drobo takes an application-driven approach to storage, cutting cost and complexity while automating modern data protection, capacity planning and application performance.
The new Drobo B1200i builds on Drobo’s track record of providing “Small Box, Big Storage” by delivering a solution that is uniquely:
- Automated BeyondRAID technology optimizes advanced data protection without the need for specific storage expertise or configuration.
- Automated thin provisioning and reclamation delivers enterprise-class expandability and storage utilization features in a simplified, automated manner.
- New, automated data-aware tiering solves performance tuning issues that have traditionally taken storage administrators weeks or months to address.
- Adjusts in real-time to changes in application workload, without the need for user or admin intervention and tuning.
- Uniquely utilizes SSD technology in the same pool as conventional disk drives to accelerate the most demanding operations – automatically, based on application workload.
- Available at prices starting under $10,000 for 12 TB of SAS storage.
- The most efficient and cost-effective way to utilize SSD technology – unlike traditional tiering or SSD solutions, Drobo allows customers to incrementally add SSD drives in the same box and in the same storage pool as traditional media – resulting in optimal price-performance.
- Designed, like all Drobos, to be the easiest to use and most automated product in the market, resulting in reduced configuration and tuning time, and lower operating costs.
The new Drobo 12-Bay iSCSI SAN storage for business model B1200i is available now for purchase at http://www.Drobo.com and through select partners and resellers.
Click for more information about the new Drobo B1200i.
ikan has announced the release of its ultra-high capacity batteries, more affordable than official batteries and far more powerful. All ultra-high capacity batteries feature a push-button, LED battery life indicator readout and extended life capabilities. Choose from Sony “BP-U”, Sony “L”, Canon “900” and Panasonic “D54” compatible styles.
Click for more information about the New ikan Batteries.
As Sony’s engineers were putting the finishing touches on the company’s groundbreaking PMW-F3 Super 35mm sensor camcorder, Element Technica (ET) was working in close cooperation with the camera maker to develop purpose-built accessories to allow the new F3 to utilize the thousands of existing motion picture camera and lens accessories in rental house and owner/operator inventory. The first of ET’s F3 accessories is a riser kit, which includes a form-fitting bottom plate that reinforces the F3’s body and provides a stable mounting point for bridge plates, risers, Steadicam, remote heads and other support gear.
The new riser kit is built around a unique riser that serves two important functions. It provides iris rod support in the LW-15 standard, which makes it compatible with professional follow focus device remote lens drive motors, matte boxes, and any other rod based accessory. The riser also raises the camera’s height so as to be compatible with all major 15mm and 19mm studio bridge plates from both ET and ARRI. And the kit includes a form-fitting shoulder pad that is magnetically fastened to the interface plate so that it can be quickly shifted fore or aft to achieve perfect balance for complete hand held comfort.
The PMW-F3 Riser Kit is now shipping. Look for new additions to ET’s F3 accessory suite by the end of the year.
Click for more information about Technica 3D tools.
Meet the fastest, most powerful editing tools available. With Media Composer 5.5 software, you can work with more formats and in more ways than ever before, and speed through common media barriers to get right to what really matters — telling a great story.
Media Composer goes where other video editing systems leave off, giving you full-featured editorial tools, the fastest file-based workflows around, dependable media management, and innovative features that save you time — and money. Whether you’re cutting films, TV shows, short-format videos, or other media, in the studio or on the road, or using a Mac or a PC, you can edit the way you want, wherever you want, and in ways you never thought possible with Media Composer.
Boris Transfer FCP provides a set of two Final Cut Pro plug-ins for transferring sequences between Final Cut Pro and Avid editing and finishing systems. One of the plug-ins exports Avid-compatible AAF format files from Final Cut Pro to Avid. The other plug-in imports AAF format files from Avid to Final Cut Pro. Using Boris Transfer FCP, Avid and Final Cut Pro editors can exchange projects that include transitions, effects, image and time warps, 3rd-party effects, and keyframes. You can move sequences regardless of whether the media was originally acquired from videotape or tapeless cameras.
Click for more information about Avid Media Composer 5.5.
Click for more information about Boris Transfer FCP.
Click for more information about the Avid Media Composer 5.5/Boris Transfer FCP’s Discount Bundle.
Digital Heaven, one of the leading third party developers for Apple Pro Apps, has announced the release of DH_GridX and DH_WideSafeX, two new freeware plug-in generators for Final Cut Pro X and Motion 5. Both plug-ins are built using Apple’s latest FxPlug 2 architecture to take full advantage of GPU rendering and 64 bit processing.
DH_GridX creates a grid of up to 30 horizontal and vertical divisions which can be independently set. As any designer will say, grids are a useful tool to assist in the setting up of consistent graphical elements and are not usually seen in the final project. The grid may be drawn over the entire frame or a custom defined area with line color and width also adjustable.
DH_WideSafeX provides 4:3, 14:9 and 16:9 action and title safe areas in 16:9 aspect ratio projects with support for standard definition NTSC/PAL, high definition 720/1080, 2K and 4K. While Final Cut Pro X can display traditional safe areas these do not show markings for 16:9 projects reformatted to 4:3 and 14:9 versions ‚ a feature critical for broadcast output. DH_WideSafeX is compliant with BBC/EBU safe area specifications.
Click for more information about DH_GridX.
Click for more information about DH_WideSafeX.
Atomos, the maker of the most complete and affordable portable devices for recording to the Apple ProRes codec, is excited to announce integration of its Ninja and soon-to-be-released Samurai field recorders with Final Cut Pro X. Both the HDMI-equipped Ninja and the HD-SDI Samurai can record up to 8 hours of pristine ProRes video onto a single HDD. These tough, compact recorders also work flawlessly with fast, affordable SSDs, and both devices offer support for ProRes 422 HQ, ProRes 422, and ProRes 422 LT. Competitively priced, the Ninja and Samurai include all accessories required to start shooting and editing.
Atomos recorders come with touchscreens, video monitors, a unique ‚ “continuous-power” battery-looping system, and everything you need to start working with your camera in a visually-lossless, file-based workflow with ProRes and Final Cut Pro X. After recording, simply place your Atomos media drive into the supplied docking station and start editing immediately; no copying, no transcoding, no legacy capture cards, and no fuss.
Atomos makes the fastest and most affordable recorders for use with ProRes and Final Cut Pro X, saving you time and money while improving the quality of your work. You can work more efficiently and with less equipment, as all Atomos products feature high-quality monitors and 6-10 hours of battery life with supplied batteries.
Click for more information about Atomos’ Complete FCP X Integration.
Grass Valley‘s ADVC G-Series of affordable, multi-purpose digital video converters are at the leading edge of technology, and the latest additions to the renowned ADVC family. Housed in a practical and compact 1/3 RU form factor, these four converters tackle a variety of different A/V tasks and are particularly well suited to events and staging, corporate AV centers, and broadcast display applications.
All ADVC G-Series converters include a frame synchronizer (FS) and full format support. The ADVC G1 and G2 includes scaling features, while the ADVC G3 includes multiplexing features.
- A compact and competitively priced converter, designed to convert and/or upconvert any kind of professional/broadcast signals to HD/SD-SDI with the full support of the latest 3G technology.
- Will convert and/or upconvert, at the user’s choice, sources from HDMI, DVI, component, composite, S-Video, AES/EBU, and analog audio to HD/SD-SDI (3G/1.5G support). With its audio inputs, the ADVC G1 can also be used as an audio embedder. It also features a reference in port which can serve as a frame synchronizer for the analog inputs, eliminating the need to purchase separate expensive equipment.
- Combines the latest conversion technologies in a compact 1/3 RU form factor.
- Features HDMI and HD/SD-SDI (3G/1.5G support) for the inputs and HD/SD-SDI (3G/1.5G support), component, composite, S-Video, AES/EBU, and analog audio for the outputs, the new ADVC G2 plays the role of many converters for the price of one. It also features 3G support, downconverting, and a frame synchronizer, which becomes very handy when, for example, connecting the SDI out to a switcher.
- Can be used as a monitoring device for HDMI and HD/SD-SDI sources, but it can also act as an HDMI to HD/SD-SDI (3G/1.5G support) converter.
- The AES/EBU and analog audio outputs, used for audio de-embedding, are a welcome feature in most monitoring applications.
- A full-featured HD/SD-SDI to HDMI converter with 3G technology and the latest HDMI 1.4a connection support, designed to fulfill the demands of 3D monitoring and multiplexing.
- Can be used as a standard HD/SD-SDI to HDMI converter, but also features a second SDI input which can be used for left-eye/right-eye inputs. The ADVC G3 will, in real time, multiplex the two left-eye/right-eye signals for a 3D output through HDMI.
- The analog audio and AES/EBU outputs, used for audio de-embedding, are a welcome feature in monitoring situations, for both 2D and 3D content.
- Features 3D multiplexing technology supported by HDMI1.4a (Side-by-Side, Top-and-Bottom, and Frame Packing‚Äîsequential), which can be turned on and off manually.
- More than just a compact and robust sync generator.
- Has nine outputs that can be individually controlled in groups of three.
- Three outputs can be SD, the other six can be HD, or vice versa.
- Includes a 48 kHz wordclock as well as a reference input, which allows it to be used as an extender when more than nine outputs are needed, or when an extension from the main system is necessary.
- Features the highest signal quality, best functionality, and the most comprehensive format support in the compact sync generator market.
Click for more information about the new Grass Valley ADVC G-Series.
Making its world debut at IBC 2011, Cache-A‘s new high-performance server, Power-Cache, combines appliance functionality with more disk speed and better throughput. Power-Cache provides faster archive and retrieval transfers as well as greater flexibility for staging content, making duplicate tape copies and working with Cache-A Library units. A blend of LTO-5 tape drives, RAID and 10GbE, Power-Cache can control any combination of up to four LTO-5 drives in external expansion chassis or automated libraries.
New LTFS-Based Archive Appliances‚ at last year’s IBC, Cache-A was one of the first companies to demonstrate the new LTFS (Linear Tape Film System) format in product form. This year at IBC 2011, all of Cache-A’s LTO-5 based products include LTFS capability, including the company’s flagship product, Pro-Cache5, and the new high-performance Power-Cache and the quiet, desktop Prime-Cache5. Cache-A archive appliances with LTFS combine the economy, robustness, high density and low power of tape with an open standard interchangeable tape format to provide a complete archive solution for the media and entertainment industry.
Cache-A is a leading supplier of network-attached archive appliances for the media and entertainment industry. Cache-A’s archive appliances can easily archive source masters for production or entire projects for post-production using secure, portable, interchangeable, industry standard LTFS of tar format on LTO-5 media.
Click for more information about Power-Cache.
To schedule an interview at IBC 2011 contact Randy Savicky at firstname.lastname@example.org
Allegorithmic continues to improve texturing pipelines for more users with its announcement of a new version of its non-linear texture and material processing software, Substance Designer 2, and the first scaled-down version of the software, Substance Designer 2 Lite.
Available for the first time on the Mac OSX platform, Substance Designer 2‚ a brand new vector paint, layering and cache systems significantly improves both creative and performance capabilities so 3D artists can instantaneously create millions of dynamic textures in an interactive and collaborative process.
Substance Designer 2 is a powerful material processing solution that brings smart texturing to the heart of 3D creation pipelines. It is designed to help any artist transform all kinds of image resources, from classic bitmaps to exclusive procedural elements, into real-time dynamic and highly flexible textures and filters.
Key new features in Substance Designer 2 include:
- Vector Paint allows users to paint dynamic masks on all channels (diffuse, spec, normal, etc.) of a full material, all at once.
- Material Layering System encapsulates intricate node graphs, which helps users easily create complex materials (diffuse, normal, specular, etc.) in a visual fashion.
- Cache System increases over all performance speed by an estimated 25%.
Substance Designer 2 Lite
Substance Designer 2 Lite has been specifically designed to provide texture creators the essential inner characteristics of Substance Designer 2 at a more affordable price point. The Lite version focuses only on the essential 3D texturing features such as node-based interface, parametric texturing and eliminates the highly advanced features like complex mathematical functions definition, FXMaps creation and modifications, multi-project management.
Click for more information about Substance Designer 2.