Boris RED Now Available for Grass Valley EDIUS 6
Boris FX, a developer of integrated VFX and workflow technology for video and film, announced that Boris RED Version 5 is now available for Grass Valley EDIUS 6. Boris RED is a plug-in application for transitions, professional text, and advanced composites inside of EDIUS and other leading video editing software applications. An indispensable tool for post-production and broadcast professionals, RED offers a wide range of features right on the EDIUS timeline and adds a standalone engine for effects creation and rendering. RED integrates broadcast-quality text generators, paint, rotoscoping, a full suite of tools to create and extrude vector objects, true 3D shapes and animation, and the industry’s most comprehensive image processing filter suite.
Boris RED highlights include:
- EDIUS 6 Integration. Boris RED is the only 3D compositing, titling, and effects application to work as a plug-in inside EDIUS. When applied to tracks on the EDIUS timeline, RED automatically links to the media, bypassing importing and exporting. In addition, RED can import media from a variety of formats, including still image files, movie files, or EPS files. Once a composite is complete, it can be rendered in EDIUS, or the project file can be saved to disk and shared with other Boris RED users.
- Compositing. RED gives EDIUS editors all tools needed to create seamlessly-blended composites in 2D and 3D space. These tools include keying and matte creation filters, motion tracking, 3-way color grading, and the ability to create custom transitions.
- Motion Graphics. RED facilitates sophisticated motion graphics design including text on a path, 3D particles, and true 3D vector objects. Extruded text and objects can be combined with light sources, bump maps, and reflections.
- Image and Vector-based Painting. RED integrates a full-fledged animated paint system that gives EDIUS editors the ability to paint color, spray paint, and clone images.
- Image Restoration Tools. RED solves many problems introduced by modern video cameras and can help integrate legacy low-resolution footage in new HD-sized projects.
- Over 200 VFX Filters. RED includes over 200 comprehensive VFX filters from Boris Continuum Complete and Final Effects complete, including transition effects, multiprocessor-accelerated lens blurring effects, and painterly effects.
Click for a free 14-day trial version Boris RED v5.
Click for more information about Boris RED v5