Twixtor 6 Offers Terrific GPU Support and Speedups
RE:Vision Effects‘ Twixtor v6 is now available for Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects and Apple Final Cut Pro. Acceleration of this magnitude is usually seen with higher end GPUs, but most available GPUs will provide improved calculation times (although mobile GPU acceleration is generally less than those found with desktop cards).
Of course, the total speedup end-users will see will vary once application overhead is taken into account. As a total user experience that includes reading frames, processing with Twixtor and writing frames to disk, we have measured speedups of up to 5x in After Effects. In Premiere Pro and Final Cut Pro we have measured total user experience speedups of up to 3x.
We highly recommend testing out the demo to make sure you experience the speedups you desire before upgrading to Twixtor 6.
- After Effects CS5 or later.
- Premiere Pro CS5 or later. CS6 or later is needed for GPU support. Customers must have a GPU that is supported by Premiere Pro. Premiere Pro does not need to support the GPU in OpenCL mode, but it must support the GPU in either the CUDA or OpenCL modes.
- Final Cut Pro 7 or Final Cut Pro 10.0.8 and up.
- GPU with 1G memory officially supported. GPUs with 500m can work for Twixtor, but are not officially supported.
- Driver for GPU must support OpenCL 1.1 (even if Premiere Pro is using CUDA for your GPU). Note that Mac OS 10.7 and up automatically provides this compatibility. On Windows, check with your manufacturer for updated drivers for your GPU, and make sure that you have one that supports OpenCL 1.1. We recommend the latest drivers available.
- Windows 7 or 8, 64-bit for GPU support. Vista is still supported for CPU mode.
- Mac OS 10.7 or 10.8. Mac OS 10.6 still supported for CPU mode. It is highly recommended that when on Macintosh to use Mac OS 10.8 for the GPU mode of Twixtor. OpenCL drivers within are more robust and run up to 30% faster than those of Mac OS 10.7.
- Free upgrade to v6 if you purchased Twixtor v5 or Effections on or after August 1, 2013
- Upgrades for render-only licenses are free! Just download the v6 installer and use your v5 key
- Volume discounts are available
Click for more information about RE:Vision Effects’ Twixtor 6.