EditShare Releases Lightworks Version 11.5 for Linux and Windows
EditShare is proud to announce the release of Lightworks 11.5, its popular cross-platform editing software, which now includes some major changes to the Pro and Free versions.
The new release features some major updates to the user interface, which greatly improve the editing experience, a smarter right-click menu populated with your favourite pre-sets and FX plus greater control for playback. And now, thanks to new background tasks, editors can continue to work whilst importing, rendering and even exporting.
Completing the line-up of major new features is the inclusion of AJA hardware support, allowing Lightworks to recognize the AJA ioXT or Kona cards on the Windows and, soon to be released, Mac OS X platform.
Lightworks was used to edit Martin Scorsese’s Oscar-nominated blockbuster The Wolf of Wall Street – clearly demonstrating the results users can achieve with Lightworks’ powerful editing engine. Now version 11.5 will be available to download on both Windows and Linux from January 30, 2014, marking a further improvement to this increasingly popular non-linear editor.
The new free version now allows users to import all professional and consumer video formats natively on its timeline, offering the exact same editing functionality as the professional version. However, the professional version gives editors a far wider choice of output formats, while the free version is restricted to web publication, YouTube and Facebook being good examples.
Updates to Lightworks 11.5 Include:
- Free version now limited to MPEG4/H264 @ 720P output only for web/distribution use
- Added support for AJA I/O devices (Kona and Io XT) drivers 10.4.1 and higher required (Windows, Pro version only)
- Added Import, Render, Waveform Generation and Export as background tasks
- Added YouTube export option for Windows, Mac and Linux including direct upload
- Added AC3 audio decode support for Windows, Mac and Linux (Windows filter no longer required)
- Added support for Retina displays
- Added support for scalable user interface
- Added ability to change the appearance of Lightworks. Scale, Window Color, Text color, Heading Color, Subheading Color, Selection Color, Brightness, Typeface and Wallpaper image
- Added ability to export MXF OP1a MXF files (Pro version only)
- Added ability to create Macros from the Key Assignments panel (Pro version only)
- Added time-indicator strips to tiles (when you mouse-over)
- Added Curve effect to FX Color Correction effects
- Added “Use Marks” option to the export panel
- Added Sync Group improvements, a record edit can now be synced with the sync group
- Added ability to generate an auto edit based on users settings from the sync group
- Added “Auto” frame rate project generation
- Introduced playback controls to source and edit viewers
- Added magnetic snapping on all panels
- Introduced ruler on timelines
- Introduced Right click functionality (Export, Add FX)
- Added ability to Insert/Replace a source into a record edit if one is not open (a record edit will automatically be opened and the source Inserted/Replaced)
Click for more information about EditShare’s Lightworks 11.5.